More Angela Bassett
When Lupita Nyong’o was out for the 2018 Essence Black Women in Hollywood Oscars Luncheon, she opted for a style that has previously worked for her on the red carpet but gave it a playful twist. The Black Panther star can rock a plunging necklinelike no other, and her pink and black printed low-cut mini at Thursday’s event might be one of her best yet. Nyong’o wasn’t the only Black Panther actress to stun on the red carpet: Angela Bassett looked ageless in a white strapless jumpsuit. Days earlier, Wakanda's Queen Mother dished on the possible plot of a sequel, which is likely imminent considering the film’s extraordinary success. “I didn’t die. The queen lives,” Bassett told The Root about what she thinks will happen in the next movie. “We have no more herb left. Shuri will figure it out. My daughter will figure it out.” Superstar singer Janelle Monáe was also in attendance in a printed minidress and a fringe statement earring, while funny lady Tiffany Haddish had a similar idea in a sequined top and multicolored skirt covered in tassels. Keep scrolling to see the best red carpet looks from the Essence Black Women in Hollywood Oscars Luncheon.
- Anne Hathaway, Sarah Jessica Parker, and More Broadway Stars Belt It Out for Hillary Clinton Fundraiser
- Soon, You Can Have Angela Bassett's Flawless Complexion
- Find Out What Ryan Murphy Has in Mind for the Next Installment of American Horror Story
- 13 Movies to See in March 2016
- See All of the Incredible Looks from the 2016 BAFTA Awards