The year's most unpredictable red carpet goes down at the MTV Video Music Awards. Without the buttoned-up formality that other awards shows embrace — yeah, we're looking at you, no-hoodies-allowed Oscars — stars are allowed to express themselves and offer up some unforgettable looks. After all, this is the show where Lady Gaga wore a dress made of meat, Jennifer Lopez wore a bedazzled spaghetti-strap Sean John top, and Lil' Kim arrived in a purple wig, pastie, and had one breast out. This year, host (and nominee for both Video of the Year and Artist of the Year) Doja Cat kept that tradition going, wearing a necklace made of literal rocks. Of course, Lil Nas X made sure to steal the spotlight with a dramatic bedazzled train in his signature pastel purple. Click through to see the most outrageous and amazing looks from tonight's show.
Video Music Awards
- See the Backstreet Boys at Their First MTV VMAs 20 Years Ago
- Nicki Minaj Performed at the 2018 MTV VMAs in the Most Epic Location
- Are Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson Already Married?
- Jennifer Lopez’s 2018 MTV VMAs Performance Was Every Fan's Dream Come True
- Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt Are at the MTV VMAs, Proving That We May Have Time Traveled To 2007